Search engine optimization (SEO) is an important aspect of any online business. In order to improve your website's visibility and ranking, it is important to follow key metrics that help to measure the success of your SEO efforts. Here are some of the most important SEO metrics you should be following.
- Search Visibility: This metric refers to the level of exposure a website or web page has in search engine results pages (SERPs). It measures how easily a website can be found and accessed through search engines and is influenced by various factors such as keyword ranking, relevance, and authority. High search visibility indicates that a website is ranking well for relevant keywords, and is easily discoverable by users through search results.
- Page Views: If your website is hosted on Structure CMS, your page views count is prominently located at the top of your Dashboard page. Page views is an essential, basic metric for measuring SEO efficacy.
- Keyword Rankings: Tracking your keyword rankings helps you understand how well your website is ranking for specific keywords in search engines. This will give you an idea of which keywords are driving traffic to your website and which keywords need more work.
- Organic Traffic: Organic traffic refers to the number of visitors who arrive at your website through search engine results. Monitoring this metric will help you understand how much traffic your website receives from search engines and which pages drive the most traffic. For Structure CMS users, easily determine traffic origin by navigating to Analytics → Traffic Source.
- Backlinks: Backlinks are links from other websites to your website. The number of high-quality backlinks can impact your search engine rankings and drive more traffic to your site.
- Mobile Responsiveness: With more and more people accessing the internet from their mobile devices, it's important to make sure your website is mobile-friendly. This includes making sure that your website is easily navigable and readable on a mobile device.
These are just some of the most important SEO metrics you should follow. By monitoring these metrics, you will have a better understanding of your website's performance and will be able to make data-driven decisions to improve your SEO efforts and drive more traffic to your site.